(CNN) - "We are close" to identifying the ISIS militant who beheaded journalist James Foley, the British ambassador to the United States, Peter Westmacott, told CNN on Sunday morning.

The ambassador told CNN's Candy Crowley he couldn't elaborate on the killer's identity.
In the video posted last week on YouTube, Foley is seen kneeling next to a man dressed in black.
Foley reads a message, presumably scripted by his captors, that his "real killer'' is America. "I wish I had more time. I wish I could have the hope for freedom to see my family once again," he can be heard saying.
The killer also speaks and experts have said he has a distinctly English accent.
Foley disappeared on November 22, 2012, in northwest Syria, near the border with Turkey. He was reportedly forced into a vehicle by gunmen; he was not heard from again. At the time of his disappearance, he was working for the U.S.-based online news outlet GlobalPost.
copy  http://www.news4jax.com/news